Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Eyes are Blurry

Oh my are my eyes blurry....too much reading, or reading too long?
The first book I want to write about is a new author to me and one I will be reading more of her works.
Kate Morton and The Forgotten Garden   The book was a good read but one that was a little difficult to follow as she wrote about 3 different generations. Did not expect the ending! And that is always a good read. She has one other book The House at Riverton. Hopefully that will be as enjoyable as the first I read. Back to the library...

Phillippa Gregory The Lady of the Rivers    Another new author and another very good book. I do enjoy reading about the court life in the times of early England and the War of the Roses in the 1400's. I am amazed and intrigued at life in those times. I always remind myself that I would have been one of the peasants or serving wenches, not one of the royalty. And in those times, not sure which life would have been the hardest.

Jill Marie Landis    Summer Moon   Once I got into this book, I realized I had already read it but didn't remember how it ended, so read it again. So guess it is a re-read, but won't be again. Unless I forget again that I have already read this twice now! lol  This is an "escape" book.

I am also working on a workbook to help with my depression....

No comments:

Post a Comment