Saturday, September 3, 2011

Books from Last Week

A Novel Bookstore
Laurence Cosse'
A French novel translated to English. This was a very interesting book, makes me want to read some of the literature mentioned in the story. It was a slower read, about 2-3 days to complete. (don't know page number, perhaps I won't keep track of that?) I enjoyed this book but probably wouldn't re-read it.

A Dog's Purpose
W. Bruce Cameron
What can I say....this was definitely different and not what I expected. A preview stated "made me laugh and made me cry" and that is not a statement I can relate to. Not a re-read.

While My Sister Sleeps
Barbara Delinsky
Definitely will read this again, have already checked it back out of the library! Sisters and their relationships, a very good book.

Night Fall
Nelson DeMille
Brought this home and then realized I have already read it! So, back on the shelf! I do enjoy his books but am not in the mood to repeat.

Chasing Fire
Nora Roberts
A good read. Hers usually are...

Southern Comfort
Fern Michaels
This was a disappointment...

The Walk
Richard Paul Evans
I am definitely purchasing these books, a series of three. Write faster please!!

The Good-bye Quilt
Susan Wiggs
Another one I am going to purchase! This is MY story! Mother and daughter....hopes and fears..holding close and letting go! Not just my story, any Mother's. An amazing book and a definite re-read!!

I know now that I may be ridiculous with this! Oh well, if you don't want to read it all, move on! Or use it as a  sleeping potion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment