Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Too busy!! for words!!!

I have really been reading, just not taking the time to post what I have read. And of course now I don't remember some information about the books I have read! (Blame it on work...crazy busy, crazy hours, come home to crash and disappear into a book for a little while, then back to another day at work.)
First the book I enjoyed that I don't remember the author....Silver Sparrow.  I will get her other books at some point in time. This was a book about her father, a bigamist, and how she was always "a secret." I wonder is she will write another book from the dad's perspective? That could be interesting also.
Eve   Iris Johansen...a book of suspense. I have read many of her books already. Am looking forward to the next two Quinn and Bonnie.
It's Not that I am Bitter  Gina Barreca    This was interesting but don't know that I would read it again. The best part of the book was the 52 things learned by 51! There were some hilarious ones and then some that made me think!
It's Only a Flat Tire in the Rain  Max Davis, M.A.   Ok this is going to be a long post! This was an amazing book and one that I really needed to read at this time in my life!!
3 principles....1. Understand that life is a struggle. Scott Peck "Once we truly know that life is difficult-once we truly understand and accept it-then life is no longer difficult." 2. Embrace the struggle.  3. Trust God..He can be trusted, not always to keep adversity from entering our lives, but to guide us through it.
3 soul killers...1. too much diversion (we let urgent things take priority over the important!) 2. too much amusement (we don't know how to be quiet and alone. We are afraid of silence and boredom.)
3. too much stuff....Having stuff is not bad. But the pursuit of stuff, for stuff's sake, kills the soul.
3 soul nourishers....1. feeding on soul food...choice is the most powerful gift God has bestowed on humans. Nourishing our soul and becoming centered on God, begin with choice. Choice always begins in the mind, not the emotions. 2. Heeding the moment.....Don't miss life by living in the past or in the future. 3. Seeding others....a solid, life transforming principle is "you can't out-give God!!!"
The last book I just finished reading last night at midnight!! (I know I know....work in the morning...this is a very good book THANKS EMILY!!)
Born to Run  Christopher McDougall      This book actually makes you WANT to learn to run!! Unfortunately I am sure I am/would be again, like the writer says "In my mind's eye, I am light and quick as a Navajo on the hunt. In reality, I look like Frankenstein's monster trying to tango." SO to ask the question, "what is the right way to run??!" Would some one please tell me!!  I did thoroughly enjoy this book, just wish I had the time/energy to run...I know I know I have 24 hours in my day just like everyone. These people run hundreds of miles (sometimes in a stretch of time, not days apart..and when do they work when they are running miles and miles and miles and miles..ok you get the point!)

No comments:

Post a Comment